Identification of Anyone Involved In Family Law Issues Is Against the Law
Because of the special nature of family law proceedings, which often involve children, section 121 of the Family Law Act makes it an offence to publish proceedings that identify persons or witnesses involved in family law proceedings. This prohibition also extends to the publication of any picture. This means it is an offence for you to identify your ex-partner or your children specifically in any public entry on DivorceResource.com.au. For exceptions to this general prohibition, see section 121(9) of the Family Law Act.
Collection of Personally Identifiable Information
Certain features of DivorceResource.com.au require you to provide personally identifiable information. Personally identifiable information generally includes information that could be used to determine your identity, such as your name, address, phone number, e-mail address, and birth date. The following are certain situations in which we may collect personally identifiable information from you:
- Registration. When you register with us, we may ask for personally identifiable information like your e-mail address and birth date. We collect this personally identifiable information from you.
- Use of Forums. If you choose to transmit, submit or post information through any forums available on DivorceResource.com.au, we will collect the information you provide.
- Forms. We may collect personally identifiable information from you if you choose to fill out any forms, profiles, or surveys on DivorceResource.com.au.
- Correspondence. If you send us personal correspondence, such as e-mails or letters, or if other users or third parties send us correspondence about your activities or postings on DivorceResource.com.au, we may collect that information about you.
- Business Partners. We may receive your personally identifiable information from one of our business partners.
- Newsletters. We collect the e-mail address of visitors that subscribe to our newsletter. These emails are only used for sending Newsletter or Notices. We send only verified, double-opt-in e-mails, specifically requested by our subscribers.
- Other Sources. We may receive and collect information about you from other sources, such as instant messaging services, blogs, newspapers, and other users of our products and services.
For each visitor to our Web page, our Web server automatically recognizes your ISP address, ISP provider and region.
Use of Personally Identifiable Information
We use your personally identifiable information within our business as follows:
- to fulfil your requests for certain products and services;
- to contact you and deliver information to you such as administrative notices, offerings, and other communications relevant to your use of DivorceResource.com.au;
- to analyse site usage, conduct market research, improve marketing and promotional efforts, and improve and customise our content, layout, products and services;
- to provide customer support and troubleshoot and resolve problems and disputes;
Disclosure of Personally Identifiable Information
The following describes some of the ways that your personally identifiable information may be disclosed in the normal scope of business:
- Forums. Any information that you place or submit to be placed within any forum on DivorceResource.com.au may be disclosed to the public.
- Advertisers. We may aggregate personally identifiable information and disclose such information in a non-personally identifiable manner to advertisers and other third parties for their marketing and
- promotional purposes.
- Service Providers. We may use third parties that we refer to as internal service providers to facilitate or outsource one or more aspects of our business, product and service operations (e.g., technology, Forums, analytical tools, advertising campaign management) and therefore we may provide some of your personal information directly to these internal service providers. We implement reasonable contractual and technical protections limiting the use of your personally identifiable information by internal service providers, unless you have provided permission for additional uses.
Your details would only be disclosed when legally required to do so, at the request of governmental authorities conducting an investigation, to verify or enforce compliance with the policies governing our Website and applicable laws or to protect against misuse or unauthorised use of our Website.
Once we have fulfilled our obligation to you in terms of service delivery, your personal information is discarded.
If you do not want to receive e-mail from us in the future, please let us know by updating your preferences in your My Account profile. Please note, although we do not provide your details to third parties, your details may have come to us from them so after you opt-out of our use of your personally identifiable information, third parties may continue to use any personally identifiable information that may be in their possession and you may still receive offers from third parties. You must contact these third parties directly to opt-out of their use of your personally identifiable information. We are not responsible for any third party's use or failure to stop using your personally identifiable information.
Use by Third Party on Transfer of Entity
Links to Other Web sites
Access and Use of DivorceResource.com.au
DivorceResource.com.au is intended to be accessed and used only by adults and is not directed to children under the age of 18. We do not knowingly permit registration of personally identifiable information by anyone under the age of 18. You hereby agree not to submit any information to us about anyone under the age of 18. We cannot verify that a submission does not constitute information about a person under the age of 18.