Useful Links


TRIPLE ZERO (000) Police - Fire - Ambulance 

Emergency service for all Australians in an emergency.

Telephone: 000 (Triple 0) or 131 444 Available 24/7

Link to Website

How to call Triple Zero (000)

Click here for more information on our 24/7 Crisis Support page.


National Relay Service TTY (teletypewriter) & Relay Provides service access for people who are deaf and hearing impaired.  

For emergency TTY calls: 106. 

For emergency access via the internet:



  • Lifeline provides all Australians experiencing a personal crisis with access to one-on-one 24 hour crisis support and suicide prevention services. The website has an interactive Sevices directory to assist you in finding help near you. Available 24/7
    Telephone: 13 11 44

  • The Suicide Call Back Service is a 24-hour, nationwide service that provides telephone and online counselling to people 15 years and over who are suicidal, caring for someone who is suicidal, bereaved by suicide or health professionals supporting people affected by suicide. The Suicide Call Back Service is especially suited to people who are geographically or emotionally isolated. Available 24/7
    Telephone: 1300 659 467

  • Salvo Care Line Caring staff of The Salvation Army are here to listen and support you if you are considering suicide or concerned about someone else. The Salvation Army Counselling Service provides professional face-to-face counselling in many locations around Australia. Available 24/7
    Telephone: 1300 36 36 22

  • Beyond Blue is aimed at achieving an Australian community that understands depression and anxiety, empowering all Australians, at any life-stage, to seek help. Available 24/7
    Telephone: 1300 22 4636



  • Child Abuse Prevention Service (CAPS)  aims to improve outcomes for children by delivering family support, prevention and community education services.  The telephone service operates from 9am - 5pm Monday to Friday and is closed on public holidays. 
    Free Call 1800 688 009 from anywhere in Australia.

  • Salvos Care Line can assist if you are experiencing violence in your home and are being threatened by someone you live with, or if you are homeless or in crisis.  They provide secure accommodation for women and families in a number of confidential locations throughout Australia. This includes emergency accommodation and support to find medium to longer term accommodation.  Available 24/7.
    Telephone Salvo Care Line on 1300 36 36 22

  • WIRE (Victoria) - Women contact WIRE Women’s Information for support, information and referrals on any issues, such as family relationships and legal issues; domestic/family violence; housing and homelessness; emotional well-being; mental health—anxiety, fear, stress and depression; and job search, study options and community volunteering

  • The Men’s Referral Service (MRS) offers anonymous and confidential telephone counselling, information and referrals to help men stop using violent and controlling behaviour.  
    Call 1300 766 491.

  • The Domestic Violence Line is a statewide free-call number and is available 24/7.  If you or someone you know is experiencing domestic violence, you can ring the Domestic Violence Line for help.  
    Free Call: 1800 656 463 (TTY 1800 671 442). 

  • The National Disability Abuse and Neglect Hotline is an Australia-wide telephone hotline for reporting abuse and neglect of people with disability.
    Free Call 1800 880 052.

  • The Line is a national relationships helpline for young Australians to talk to someone about the relationship issues they may be experiencing, or if they are unclear about where to draw the line between what is, or is not, a respectful relationship.
    Free Call 1800 MYLINE (1800 695 463) 

  • Bravehearts is open to anyone wanting information, advice, referrals and support regarding child sexual assault.

  • Child Family Community Australia is an information exchange for practitioners, policy makers, service providers and researchers working with children, families and communities.



  • Family Law Act (1975) a detailed compilation of the Family Law Act 1975 as in force on 1 July 2014.  It includes any commenced amendment affecting the legislation to that date.

  • Collaborative Professionals WA - Find a collaboratively trained professional in your state  NSW, VictoriaACT, SA.

  • Find a Family Lawyer via the Family Law Section (FLS) of the Law Council of Australia. FLS is the professional association for practising family lawyers in Australia. Its membership consists of almost 2,500 family law practitioners, from all Australian States and Territories.

  • Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander – Family Law Court staff are able to provide Indigenous clients with a range of information and services to help resolve problems they may have due to separation and divorce.

  • The Family Court of Australia assists Australians to resolve their most complex legal family disputes. The Court maintains registries in all Australian states and territories except Western Australia.

  • The Family Court of Western Australia is vested with State and Federal jurisdiction in matters of family law and deals with divorce, property of a marriage or de facto relationship, matters relating to children, maintenance, adoptions and surrogacy.

  • The Federal Circuit Court was established to provide a simple and accessible alternative to litigation in Family Court and to relieve the workload of those courts. Approximately 90% of the court's workload is in the area of family law.

  • Registry Office locations - Family Law Court - Australia wide 

  • The Australian Attorney-General's Department provides policy advice on the family law system to the Australian Government. This site provides general information about the family law system including the following: children; marriage; family violence; dispute resolution, superannuation splitting laws and international family law.

  • Legal Aid is available in all states and territories of Australia to low income individuals who meet the criteria.

  • Aboriginal and Torres Strait Legal Aid is available in all states and territories of Australia to low income individuals who meet the criteria

  • The Australian Institute of Family Law Arbitrators and Mediators promotes the attractions of mediation and arbitration as a means of dispute resolution amongst both practitioners and the wider community.

  • Family Dispute Resolution Register - a search facility to find an accreditied Family Dispute Resolution practitioner near you.



  • Family Relationships Online provides all families (whether together or separated) with access to information about family relationship issues, ranging from building better relationships to dispute resolution. It also allows families to find out about a range of services that can assist them to manage relationship issues, including agreeing on appropriate arrangements for children after parents separate.  It also offers a confidential advice line.

  • Dads in Distress offers peer support (not professional counselling or legal advice) that aims to provide help and hope for separated dads and their families. You can talk with someone who has personally experienced separation... and discover what it might take for you to get through it.

  • Parentline is a confidential telephone service providing professional counselling and support for parents and carers of children in Queensland and the Northern Territory.  

  • CatholicCare based in Sydney provides a range of services for separated families. CatholicCare is committed to assisting separated parents build positive and cooperative co-parenting relationships where at all possible.

  • Jewish Care provides professional counselling on a wide range of issues, including parenting, relationships, trauma, past abuse, addiction and mental health. This vital service offers temporary help and support for individuals, couples or families as well as ongoing treatment for those who need it.

  • Tresillian Family Care Centres Australia’s largest child and family health organisation providing expert parenting advice to families, including grandparents and carers of children aged 0 to 5.

  • The National Council of Single Mothers and their Children (NCSMC) is a self-help group to fight for the basic and essential rights of all sole parent families.

  • Raising Children Network is website based parenting resource for all stages from pregnancy to newborns to teens

  • Stepfamilies Australia is a national body working with a network of state stepfamily groups and community service providers to strengthen stepfamilies across Australia, through providing quality information, family support services, practitioner training, research and advocacy.

  • ThinkUKnow is an Internet safety program delivering interactive training to parents, carers and teachers through schools and organisations across Australia using a network of accredited trainers from partner agencies.

  • SIDS and Kids – A free 24/7 bereavement support line for anyone affected by the unexpected death of a baby or child during birth, pregnancy or infancy, regardless of the cause.

  • Australian Breastfeeding Association provides 24/7 breastfeeding information and support to mothers, their support networks (e.g., other family members) and health professionals.

  • Pregnancy, Birth and Baby Helpline offers 24/7 free and confidential information and counselling about pregnancy, childbirth and babies up to 12 months old. This service is available to women, their partners, friends and relatives.

  • PANDA (Post and Antenatal Depression Association) provides confidential information, 24/7 support and referral to anyone affected by depression and anxiety during pregnancy and after childbirth (perinatal depression and anxiety)-including partners, family members and friends.


  • Child Support is a page on the Department of Human Services which provides information and links to child support, support services for families to help families going through separation.

  • Department of Social Services  provides a range of benefits and payments which are available for parents to help with raising children – from birth to late teens – and for young people when they leave home.

  • The MyChild website is an Australian government online child care portal. On this website you will find information on different types of child care and how to get assistance with the cost of child care. You can also search a database to find child care centres in your local area. In many cases, you will also be able to find the services' vacancy and fee information.

  • The Care Estimator allows you to estimate the care percentage to be used in estimating child support payments based on the total nights of care you have for your child/ren through a year.

  • Child Support Estimator can be used to calculate an estimate of your child support payments.



  • Relationships Australia is a leading provider of relationship support services for individuals, families and communities. We aim to support all people in Australia to achieve positive and respectful relationships.  Our services are for all members of the community, regardless of religious belief, age, gender, sexual orientation, lifestyle choice, cultural background or economic circumstances. We offer services around the country that include counselling, family dispute resolution (mediation) and a range of family and community support and education programs.

  • The Family Relationship Advice Line is a national telephone service established to assist families affected by relationship or separation issues. The Advice Line is for anyone who is affected by family relationship or separation issues and difficulties. This includes parents, grandparents, children, young people, step-parents or friends. It can also refer callers to local services that can provide assistance. Callers who are deaf or have a hearing or speech impairment can call through the National Relay Service. Available from 8 am to 8 pm, Monday to Friday, and 10 am to 4 pm on Saturday, except national public holidays. 
    Phone: 1800 050 321 International callers: +61 7 3423 6878

  • Mens Line Australia is a professional telephone and online support and information service for Australian men who are dealing with family and relationship difficulties, particularly surrounding family break-down or separation. Available 24/7
    Telephone: 1300 78 99 78 24.

  • Anglicare has relationship counsellors and life counsellors who can assist individuals, couples or whole families if necessary. Anglicare offers telephone counselling for people who cannot attend a session, including those who live in rural or remote regions.

  • SANE Australia is helping all Australians affected by mental illness lead a better life. Counselling services include online chat, forums and a SANE Helpline, available 9am -5pm weekdays. 
    Fee Call 1800 18 7263

  • Family Drug Support is a caring, non-religious and non-judgemental organisation. FDS is primarily made up of volunteers who have experienced firsthand the trauma and chaos of having family members with drug dependency. Support Line - 1300 368 186 Available 24/7.

  • The Black Dog Institute is a not-for-profit organisation and world leader in the diagnosis, treatment and prevention of mood disorders such as depression and bipolar disorder.



  • Kids Helpline is a counselling service for Australian children and young people aged between 5 and 25 years. When kids call Kids Helpline, they are connected to a counsellor after listening to a message about the counselling process, including privacy and confidentiality information. Available 24/7
    Telephone: 1800 55 1800

  • The Anchor: Supporting kids through separation Mediation & Counselling to assist children and young people, their parents and their support system during and after separation (Melbourne based).

  • Family Relationships Online for teenagers and young people and has information and advice about family issues including relationships and getting on better, negotiating conflict with parents, and answers some of the questions and issues young people often raise when their family is separating.

  • Teen Health Website is based in South Australia but provides information for young people aged 12-17 on a number of issues related to living through the teenage age years. Includes information relating to family break-ups, living with violence, grieving and dealing with tragedy, assertiveness, bullying, step-families, adoption, foster care, conflict negotiation, sex, drugs and alcohol.

  • Changeville - This animated, highly interactive website is designed to help kids experiencing parental divorce or separation. The virtual world of “Changeville” provides a range of information and activities for children to explore. This exploration takes place through the use of a personally created avatar that walks through Changeville to visit the Park, Legal Street, Break Up Street and The Mall. The website is targeted to children ages 6 to 12 and it can be explored alone, or with one or both parents.

  • Youth Beyond Blue aims to empower young people aged 12–25, their friends and those who care for them to respond to anxiety and depression. We support and promote environments and settings that build on strengths of young people and respond to ongoing change.

  • Bursting the Bubble website helps young people to work out what's okay in a family and what's not. It tells them what they can do if someone in their family is hurting or abusing them or another member of your family.

  • eHeadspace online and telephone service supporting young people and their families going through a tough time.



  • Foreign Document Translation - The National Accreditation Authority for Translators and Interpreters Ltd (NAATI) is the national standards and accreditation body for translators and interpreters in Australia.

  • Land Titles Registries in each state hold a central register of all land in the state which shows the owner of the land. Search facilities are provided by state and territory.

  • Births, Deaths and Marriages Registries – The registration of births, deaths and marriages, changes of name, changes of sex, adoptions and provision of certificates is the responsibility of the state and territory governments in Australia.

  • Family Law Courts issue replacement divorce certificates and copies of orders lodged in with the court.





  • Adobe Reader - In order to view some of the pdf documents provided on the site and in the Split Kit Vault, you may need to install Acrobat Reader. Adobe Acrobat Reader DC is free. It is the world's most used standard for viewing, printing, and annotating PDFs. 


Government agency links for USA

Return to top